Today, the weather was bitterly cold. The clouds had parted and the sky was a frosty blue which was an invitation for the bitter cold to sweep in and chill us to our bones. On days like these, I would typically put on my scarf, gloves and my warmest jacket, cursing the winter wherever I went.
However, as I write, within the warm cocoon of my tiny home, I am finding that I have spent my energy unwisely. My energy has been poured into complaining about the weather instead of focusing on all the other things that are just perfect in this moment.
It was actually such a beautiful reminder for me to stop and think about how fortunate and supported I am in each moment. One of the things I truly believe in is that we are provided with everything we need in each moment.
There is perfection to be found in each moment. How we perceive this and how we act comes down to the choices we make for ourselves.
Last year, I started to write down the things I was grateful for each morning. This made such a big difference to the way I started my day. After a few days of doing this, life seemed to flow more easily. And with this new awareness for the good things in my life, I found myself feeling emotionally stronger and more connected to my intuition.
However, over the last few weeks, as my life moved into a space of “busy-ness”, I found myself giving up this act of journalling. The daily reminders that I made for myself no longer became apart of my morning ritual.
And this weekend, I found myself overwhelmed with feelings of discomfort, frustration and anxiety. So I started asking myself what I needed to do for me in that moment. And the one thing that I was feeling the strongest pull towards was simply to write out all the things that I was grateful for.
So today, I will be sharing with you a list of things that I am grateful for. I think this would be a great time for you to pick up your journal and write out your list too!
Things I am grateful for in this moment
- writing whilst curled up with a hot cup of tea and my hot water bottle on my lap
- my home - a place that brings instant calmness
- finding the perfect meditation singing bowl on the weekend.
- a nourishing and healthy dinner created from beautiful ingredients
- a soon-to-be delivered bottle of Thieves Oil that I just bought online
- writing out this blog post whilst listening to Joanna Newsom records
- an upcoming trip to Sydney in a few weeks
- my pretty ugg boots
- my potted herbs - they are still growing strong, despite the cold
- spending my days working at a place I lovenew beginnings, being open to change and continuously living outside my comfort zone
- Mercury retrograde finally coming to an end
- feeling energised, despite coming down with a cold
- finding lightness and joy in laughing at myself
- beautiful ceramic mugs
- my kinesiology session this weekend
- inspiring reminders from The Little Sage and on the theme of self-love
- amazing conversations with work colleagues around oil pulling, holistic wellness and chocolate
- nights spent inside, safe from the cold
- being bold enough to follow my feelings in each moment
- comfortable silences and still moments
- this interview with the lovely and inspiring Connie Chapman