It governs the privacy terms of our Website, located at https://www.jochunyan.com.
When you provide us with personal information to contact us, complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, refund a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, such as marketing communications, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and services, and other updates. You will receive marketing communications from us if you have:
- Requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us.
- Provided us with your details when opting into our resources and in each case, you have not opted out of receiving marketing.
- We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links underneath (unsubscribe button) any marketing message sent to you OR by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time. Where you opt out of receiving our marketing communications, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, product/service experience or other transactions.
Information We Collect
Generally, you control the amount and type of information you provide to us when using our Website. As a Visitor, you can browse our website to find out more about our Website. You are not required to provide us with any Personally Identifiable Information as a Visitor.
Personally Identifiable Information
We may process certain types of personal data about you when you interact with us, as follows:
- Identity Data: may include your first name and last name
- Contact Data: may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data: may include your credit card details.
- Transaction Data: may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
- Profile Data: may include your username and password, purchases or orders.
- Marketing and Communications Data: may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we receive from you as follows:
- Customising and improving our Website. We retain the right to collect and use any Non Personal Information collected from your use of our Website and aggregate such data for internal analytics that improve our Website and Service as well as for use or resale to others.
- We may use the Personally Identifiable information you provide to us along with any computer information we receive to customise our Website.
- Register you as a Paying Customer
- We use Personally Identifiable information you provide us to deliver products and services, process your payments, and register you as a customer.
The following third parties may have access to your Personally Identifiable Information:
- Calendly (Atlanta, GA USA)
- Google Apps (Mountain View, CA USA)
- Google Analytics (Mountain View, CA USA)
- Facebook via our Facebook groups (Menlo Park, CA USA)
- Mailchimp (Atlanta, GA, USA)
- PayPal (San Jose, CA USA)
- Stripe (San Francisco, CA, USA)
- Squarespace (New York, NY, USA)
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use, and/or disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. Certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
BLOG COMMENTS AND USER CONTENT POSTED TO THE WEBSITE
Any Comments or User Content that you post on the Website, the personally identifiable information you choose to provide us with may be read, collected, or used by other users of the Website, as well as other third parties. We cannot guarantee that other users have not made copies of and/or will not use such information outside of the Website. We are not responsible for information you choose to post or submit in this forum.
Squarespace, stripe & PayPal
Squarespace, Stripe and Paypal provides us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Squarespace's data storage, databases and the general Squarespace application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. Payment: If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Stripe stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. For more information, please refer to Squarespace, Stripe and Paypal's privacy policies for more information.
The online shop on Jo ChunYan is built using Squarespace.com and Stripe.com. For more information on cookies that may be stored on your computer, please refer Squarespace, Stripe and Paypal's privacy policies for more information.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. If you provide us with your credit card or debit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we do our best to follow applicable requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Links to Other Websites
If you have any questions about this Policy or wish to correct, amend or delete any personal information we have collected from you, please contact us at email@example.com.