In my previous blog post, Why I Love Spending Time Alone, I wrote about the importance of finding confidence and joy within ourselves, rather than always depending on others to prop us up.
So in today's blog post, I thought I would share a fun list of things that I love doing on my own! Over the years, I have gradually become so much more comfortable in spending time alone, and I think it is because I have always made sure that I am putting my energy into doing things that I love.
One of the tools I use to plan out my time alone which goes so beautifully with this list is the Intuition Journal Kit - a bit of a choose your diary adventure if you will, full of worksheets, journal sheets, planner sheets to help you get organised or to dream up your next BIG vision!
Whatever you end up doing on your own, listen to how you feel and go with doing something that lights you up from the inside out!
- Start your own vegetable patch in your garden. Or plant them in larger planter boxes if you don't have the space.
- Bake something that you have never made before. I love flipping through old recipe books, searching for delicious treats.
- Spend a day at a museum or art gallery.
- Journal. I use my Intuition Journal Kit which you can purchase here. I use it to write up a list of all the things I want to do each day, declare my dreams, plan out my vision and track my wellness habits. I think journalling in the morning has really helped me set the tone for the rest of my day.
- Meditate - sit, be still and devote time to listening to your breath.
- Review and update your core desired feelings. I use Danielle Laporte's The Desire Map because it absolutely works miracles in my life! Its a wonderful resource to do each year to review how you want to feel.
- Have dinner on a your own in a nice restaurant - take time to really enjoy the food.
- Read your favourite chapters from the books you love.
- Go to a farmer's market, basket in hand and stock up on fresh, seasonal, organic produce.
- Go for a walk - in nature, outdoors and enjoy breathing the fresh air.
- Make some popcorn, add your own toppings (be creative!) and have a movie marathon.
- Listen to an album from start to finish without doing anything else. Or find a playlist that resonates with what you are feeling on 8 Tracks or on Spotify.
- Go out for a long Sunday brunch.
- See a film at the cinema on your own - you won't have to share your popcorn.
- Do a grocery shop at your favourite organic grocers and splurge on something you don't have very often. My local organic grocer also offers personalised tea blending. I just tell them what I kind of tea I want and they create a herbal blend from various organic herbs.
- Start a herb garden that will sit on your windowsill. This is perfect for small apartments. Also, most herbs are quite hardy and will last throughout the year.
- Create a mixed tape or playlists for all your different moods and occasions. I have ones for running, yoga, studying and working.
- Take your bike for a leisurely ride and go your favourite cafe.
- Rearrange your wardrobe and discover old clothes again.
- Clean and organise things around your home. Try using Marie Kondo's KonMari method for decluttering in order to spark joy!
- Visit the florist and pick out a bunch of flowers for your bedside table. Use your good vase!
- Create a calming space in your home for working on your hobbies or projects.
- Create a beautiful meditation or spiritual corner - make a little altar for your crystals, meditation bowl and candles.
- Take all your old clothes, books and furniture and donate these things to charity. Make room for the new by clearing out the old.
- Paint, draw, sketch, write - let your emotions and intuition guide you to with this one.
- Make a terrarium from a selection of succulents and moss.
- Go somewhere in the city that you have never been before.
- Go to a gig, enjoy the music and dance like crazy.
- Read up on your horoscope or consult your tarot cards, angel cards!
- Send a handwritten letter to a friend, lover or family member.
- Create a Pinterest board to help visualise and bring your next adventure to life.
- Make an Acai bowl, topped with fruit, yoghurt, super foods and granola.
- Light a candle, take a relaxing bath - try adding some essential oils and herbs like sage, camomile or peppermint!
- Do a face mask. Make one from the ingredients in your kitchen! Combine 1 tablespoon of honey, a banana and a few drops of lemon, mix it up and apply to your face.
- Roll out your mat and do yoga to rejuvenate, energise and relax. If you need a guided yoga practice that you can find online, I highly recommend Yoga With Tim.
- Think of 50 questions that you want the answers and consult Wikipedia.
- Do a juice cleanse for the day. Read more about my juice cleanse here.
- Rearrange things in your room using Feng Shui to bring more light, flow and harmonious energy to your space.
- Give an old chest of drawers some fresh paint or replace the door knobs in your house with vintage ones.
- Give yourself a mini retreat weekend - eat healthy food, go for a massage, spoil yourself and really relax!
- Sleep, doze or power nap as much as you need to. Read more about sleeping in my post How to Hibernate.
- Sip a cup of tea and look out the window.
- Go to the park, pack some homemade sandwiches, bring a picnic blanket and a good book.
- Catch up on all your favourite blog posts.
- Travel. I love travelling on my own because it really pushes me to live outside my comfort zone, to trust my intuition and to learn more about myself.
- Give yourself a manicure - try a different styles like Leopard prints, marbling effects, dots etc.
- Wake up early to see the sunrise. Or make time at dusk to catch the sunset.
- Go for a jog or walk by the beach. Breathe in the salty sea breeze and watch the waves lick the shore.
- Study. I love studying in my spare time. Sign up for online courses on any topic you have an interest to learn more about.
- Take a photo to depict each hour in your day.
- Make a gratitude list. I just add to this list overtime and whenever I feel unhappy, I read through it. It instantly cheers me up and puts things into perspective. Or try a taking stock list - here is mine!
50 Things To Do By Yourself Printable
Here is a free printable that you can Pin to your Pinterest board or print out to keep as a reminder.
I loved sharing this list with you as it really fills my days with a lightness, intention and bliss! I hope you found some new things in this list to try or discovered old things you had forgotten that you loved to do.