As someone who spends the majority of my time working at home, I found that I needed to infuse various mini tasks and activities which I could do at home in between work breaks. Of course, getting out of the house and into nature would also be a highly rejuvenating practice to do during a work break, but for the purpose of this post, I'm going to focus on the things that we can around the house!
Here are 12 conscious things you can do at home:
For Your Self-Care
- Cultivate healthy routines for sleep and rest. Create nourishing evening and morning rituals.
- Wake up and see the sunrise. Use this time to ground, reduce stress and sit in stillness.
- Clean, declutter and reorganise and create intentional energetic space in your home.
- Spend more time on the things that are fulfilling and in alignment with your values.
To Support Others
- Donate the items that you don’t need or use. Call and ask your local community what they require.
- Make intentional online purchases to support businesses. You could also share, comment or like a post belonging to a small business to help.
- Practice empathy and kindness. Ask how you can be of service.
- Video-call your loved ones. Honor your relationships and continue to cultivate deep connections with others.
For Your Business
- Review your goals and actions. Does it all feel aligned? What worked well? What requires a little more focus.
- Brainstorm a new idea. Make a mind-map, vision board or create a plan to bring it to life.
- Practice deep reading. Take notes, question the content and actively learn what is important. Share what you learn with someone else.
- This is a fun one - make music playlists to inspire different moods and boost your productivity during the day.