Do you have a hard time hitting the desk running, so to speak, on any given work day? Try following some of these strategies to jump-start your work mornings and make yourself more productive and engaged from the get-go.
- Allow for time to connect and ground before your day gets crazy. Savoir and prioritize your morning - even if it is just for 5 minutes.
- Plan out your day in a way that supports your body’s natural rhythm and energy. I base mine off dinacharya - Ayurvedic system for daily routine and adjust to fit my own rhythm.
- Observe when you have the most energy, and when you feel tired or are reaching for that chocolate bar. Plan your breaks to balance out your energetic dips and peaks.
- Get clear on your most important tasks. Dedicate most of your time to this. What actions would move you towards your vision most effectively?
- Use your breaks to truly rest and anchor back into your body - spend time in nature, being in the sun, move your body, or put your legs up the wall (rest pose).
- Be open to adjustments. This is really an experiment to see what works well and what doesn't for you. So take note, observe and tweak your ideal day as you need to.
Now, of course, we won't always have ideal days - sometimes work life can get a bit messy. But its ok - keep tracking how you go. Work with a coach to stay accountable and work on shifting your mindset (as required). Try different approaches as you go along. Apply what you can based on your own life and how you work
Join the community below, where I talk more about taking into account Ayurveda and seasonality to for intentional business owners over in my Facebook Group.